The Details And Fees
Our fully managed service is 10% - NO VAT at present.
The only additional cost is £100 for inventory per new tenancy.
The below is included:
- Property appraisal and rental valuation
The key to maximum returns is to have no void periods. Rent should be set to maximise income, but to leave no voids. We have the experience to advise exactly what rent is appropriate for your property in the current market. We discuss your requirements and explore options for achieving higher rents.
- We advise on properties current standards/regulations and possible improvements.
- Photography of the property. This is obviously best done when the house is empty - we work to the best solution for the house and timing available.
- Marketing your property(s)
We use student-specific sites and social media to advertise your properties.
We believe that marketing your property with professional photos of tidy and well-dressed rooms is key to achieving good rents and tenants. We can do 3D/360° Tours for all of your properties.
- Accompanied viewings (7 days a week)
- Preparation and signatures Tenancy Agreement
Properties are usually marketed for an 11-month tenancy. The earlier properties are marketed the better the opportunity to achieve ideal rent and term of the tenancy.
All properties are marketed as group tenancies for the whole house, but on exceptional occasions, we can look for individual tenants. Each tenant has to provide a guarantor.
- Registering deposits in deposit protection scheme
The deposit is collected and protected in a custodial deposit protection scheme. We provide a copy of the prescribed deposit information to the landlord as proof of deposit setup.
- Full Tenant Check in Service
We meet the tenants, hand over the keys and inventory, show the new tenants around the house and advise them how to use the heating and hot water system, etc. We provide tenants with a contact sheet with emergency numbers and contact details.
- Collection of rent – Including monthly rental statements – Annual tax statement
We collect the rent on a monthly basis in a Client protected Account, we provide the tenants with monthly rent statements and chase any late payments. The rent is then transferred to the landlord’s nominated account on/around the 5th of each month / or the next business day. Our Fully Managed fees are deducted from the monthly rent.
Regular monthly statements are sent to the landlord itemizing the rent received and any billable deductions, e.g. maintenance charges and agency fees. We include tradespersons receipts.
- Dealing with any arears (court action additional cost)
- Regular Inspections carried out on the property – Quarterly
These are crucial to identifying problems before they escalate and keeping a close eye on tenants and the property. A report plus photos are submitted to the landlord.
- Advise and arrange on any repairs required – including emergency repairs
We arrange for repairs to be completed in a timely manner.
We provide before and after photos of any billable works that need doing where possible.
All repairs are carried out with a view to the long term, trade quality materials are used, we have 30+ years experience and many trade contacts to call on.
All maintenance works up to a pre-agreed limit (agreed with the landlord) will be completed without the need to contact the landlord. For works costing more than the agreed limit, we will contact the landlord for permission before instructing (all billable works will be clearly itemized on the landlord’s monthly statement).
- All repairs are recharged at cost
0% commission or add-ons to small repairs. We endeavour to ensure competitively priced maintenance rates e.g. basic call out during normal hours is estimated to be from around £10. For larger works such as new Kitchens/Bathrooms or any major refurbishments, we will charge a 10% fee of the cost of the works - in order to compensate for the time involved organising/planning the works.
- Arrangement of Gas Safety, Electrical Safety tests, etc
We arrange these tests and certificates (where needed), we just pass on the actual cost with no markup.
- Deal with tenant issue’s and queries
- Contacting Tenants regarding renewal
- Tenant check-out
Ahead of the end of tenancy, we will advise all tenants of the condition they need to leave the house and schedule an agreed time to inspect the property during check-out, take the utility meter readings and collect the keys.
- Dealing with disputes & complaints regarding deposits
At the end of the tenancy, we will arrange for the refund of the tenant’s deposit, minus any deductions agreed. We deal with any deposit disputes between the tenants and deposit protection service.
- Hold keys throughout the tenancy term
An in-house photographic inventory is included for an additional cost of £100. It is our only additional cost. This is a necessity and the cost will need to be incurred as we will not manage a property without an inventory.
Tenant Find Option
- We only offer this service if all our similar size/location properties have been let.
Our priority is our fully managed landlord’s
- Cost = 3 weeks rent